- These tick collars for dogs are impregnated with 9% amitraz to kill and detach ticks for up to 90 days1
- Paralyzes tick mouth parts to prevent feedings2
- Makes it less likely for dogs to get tick-borne diseases
- By killing and detaching ticks, PREVENTIC® Tick Collar can reduce the risk for transmission of Lyme disease, babesiosis and rickettsia
- Water-resistant—effectiveness is not diminished if the dog gets wet
- Use in dogs 12 weeks or older
DO NOT USE ON CATS
Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks of age.
PREVENTIC® TICK COLLAR FOR DOGS: Do not use on cats. Read entire label before each use.
1. PREVENTIC Tick Collar for Dogs [product label). Fort Worth, TX: Virbac AH, Inc.; 2014.
2. Blagburn BL, Hendrix CM, Vaughan JL, Miller TA. Amitraz collar for control of two tick species in dogs. Vet Forum. 1999;16(4):34–36.